Wedding guest books have come a long way in recent years. No longer are they simply plain old books left at the entrance to your reception for guests to sign at will.
Let your creativity shine with these unique ideas.
1. Have your guests sign wine bottles, each of which represents a marriage milestone (your 1st, 5th, 10th and 25th wedding anniversaries).
2. If you or your future spouse loves music, then consider asking guests to sign your favorite musical instrument. Popular choices are guitars and violins.
3. Are you both keen surfers and planning a tropical destination wedding? Why not use a surfboard as your novel guest book?
4. Hire a friend or local artist to create a custom piece of artwork to display at your wedding for guests to sign.
5. Ever since vintage themed weddings became popular polaroid cameras have become a mainstay. Guests can snap their photo, sign it and glue it into your guest book.
6. Calling all oenophiles – in the lead up to your big day every time you open a bottle of wine start saving all of the corks and use them as an inexpensive alternative to a guest book. This idea is perfect for vineyard nuptials.
7. Tech obsessed couples can set up a guest book where loved ones can record their well wishes with a webcam.
8. Customisable puzzle-piece guest books are becoming a popular choice at weddings. Companies like Jigsaw Puzzles Australia produce custom-made puzzles made from quality materials you can keep forever.